Skip to main content

COMPARISON

There is a Swahili song that has the following lyrics 'nimetafuata milima mabonde na sikupata mwingine' ( I have searched everywhere and i could not find any one like Jesus). These words explained exactly what was in my heart at the end of the year 2017.
I had this longing that no one or anything would satisfy except God . I actually did not have any other resolutions or prayers i needed God answer as  i crossed over to 2018. 
My only desire was to search for God 

 Just when this desire was so ripe in me i came across the Pinky promise journal challenge. Journal ling has really helped me to connect with God in a fresh and new way ( you can also take up the challenge). I get to write my thoughts , fears, desires, faith, victories , failures to God everyday. It has been so refreshing!
Comparison ! I know i am not the only lady or man who has  struggled with this issue.I think ladies struggle a lot with this,like who is the best dressed, who has the best car, who lives in the best neighborhood, who has the cutest boyfriend and the list could go on and on.I journalled out my heart to God about this matter, I wanted to be free , i know it is not a good spirit.
And as i continued to pour my heart to him, He also began to speak to me about this matter, bringing me out of the cage. Hallelujah! I am free!
Most of the time , the people who are struggling with the issue of comparison are either not sure of who they are ( their purpose in life), are insecure and jealous. I don't know which of these three categories you fall under , but today is your day of freedom. Do not be ashamed!


  • Instead of giving jealousy a foothold, through comparison, we should avoid it by rejoicing in others successes.
  • When you compare your life with others you lose focus and are distracted from your own life's course ( that would be the enemy's greatest joy) ; for you not to accomplish your purpose in life.
  • Keep fixing your eyes on Jesus not on other people's lives.
  • Compete with yourself. You have great potential.
  • Pay careful attention to your own work and you will get the satisfaction of a job well done 
  • Study the word of God to get to know who you are in Him and that you have an inheritance in Him, no need to be jealous or insecure, there is a good package for you, child of God. 
  •  Spend more time with Jesus and you will begin to love yourself more and know that your value is only found in Jesus and not in things or positions you hold.

I pray this helps you.
With love,
Bernice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It is not yet time

I know i have been so lost here, been so busy with other things, but it is all good. I thank God for the privilege to find something to do with own hands.( I pray for those looking for a job or desire to start your own business may God grant you favor in this season, you are blessed!) I have not neglected writing, but in this season , i felt God lead me to spend more time in His presence and do less.He has always been the source and i desire to continue being filled of Him , even as i pour out what He has put in me. My desire for this blog is that every word will be life spoken to your life, none of me but all of JESUS! In the process of discovering where i was in this season, i must confess that at some point i felt so worried, questions like, what is happening to me? is anything wrong with me? did i make the right decision to start blogging? am i really called to do this? rang in my mind. However i continued to seek the Lord on this matter, He reminded me that He is a God of times...

About to make a big decision!

If i was to give a subtitle to this it would be ( making decisions God's way) In the last couple of months, i have been on the verge of making a very big decision in my life. I have constantly mentioned this to God, asking Him to lead me. I knew i would not lead myself and so i had to lean on to God's understanding. So many times when you are just about to make a very big decision, there will be two voices speaking in you. Your voice and God's voice. The enemy may take advantage of your own voice especially when God is leading you to your place of destiny and purpose. He ( the enemy ) is so afraid of who you are in Christ and he will do anything to lead you astray. What i have learnt in this season: God is not the author of confusion  Make a decision ( the enemy would want you remain stuck without making a decision ) Test every spirit ( the enemy would still use scripture to tempt you ) Know your weaknesses and strengths Accountability ( get someone you trust t...